What’s a Landing Page?
The page you’re currently reading is a content landing page designed to organize many related pages around an overall theme.
A Landing Page is any page on a website where traffic is sent specifically to prompt a certain action
Think of a golf course… a landing page is the putting green that you drive the ball (prospect) to. Once on the green, the goal is to get the ball into the hole. Likewise, the goal of the copy and design of a landing page is to get the prospect to take your desired action.
- Traffic is sent from a pay per click (PPC) search marketing campaign (such as Google AdWords) to multiple landing pages optimized to correspond with the keywords the searcher used.
- Traffic is sent from a banner ad or sponsorship graphic to a landing page specifically designed to address that target audience.
- Traffic is sent from a link in an email to a landing page designed to prompt a purchase.
- Traffic is sent from a blog post or sidebar link to a landing page that pre-sells affiliate products or encourages an opt-in to a sub-list.
We’ll feature the rest of the videos soon, but if you’d prefer not to wait, you can watch all the videos now by going directly to the Content Marketing Glossary.
If you would like to learn more about landing pages, visit these three resources:
- Landing Pages: Turn Traffic into Money
- The Savvy Marketer’s Checklist for Seductive Landing Pages
- 3 Surprising Stages of Successful Landing Pages
To Your Success!
*Thanks to Copyblogger for putting together these helpful resources!