Before deciding to begin an internet Affiliate Marketing business, you need to understand ‘The Good, Bad and Ugly’ sides of Affiliate Marketing
PROS of an Internet Affiliate Program Online Business:
- Internet affiliate program businesses feature very low startup costs – it’s usually free to join as an affiliate – and no inventory or supplies to carry.
- No shipping is involved, there are no returns to worry about with an Internet affiliate program and like any online business, you can make money 24/7 while you sleep or play.
- No licensing or specialized training is required, but you should learn about websites and maximizing traffic so your Internet affiliate program will be successful.
CONS of an Internet Affiliate Program Online Business:
- You’ll need to find ways to get LOTS of traffic to your Internet affiliate program website(s) because the profit on a single sale is often quite low.
- Many Internet affiliate programs require that you make a certain amount of money (threshold) before they will release any funds to you.
- You’ll need to watch out for false promises and companies that want to sell you “guaranteed turnkey Internet affiliate program packages”. These really aren’t necessary if you’ll take the time to learn what works and what doesn’t. Most people just end up losing their investment.